Happy Birthday to me!! (Late I know)

Well my birthday has come and gone and now I'm another year older. I was dreading it this year mostly because the past two have been rough being away from my family but not having established my own "family" here. My birthday "snuck" up on my this year which I am told is the first sign of getting old, great, it's already starting out wonderfully. To my amazement however, this birthday was great and reminded me how lucky I am.

Midnight I receive my first birthday wish from Bobbie who stayed up chatting with me to wish me happy birthday!

5:30 Micheal gives me a hug and a kiss good bye and wishes me a happy birthday.

7:30 I wake up to a note on the bathroom mirror wishing me a happy birthday and a picture of a birthday cake drawn lovingly by my amazing (I am a lucky woman) fiance.

9:00 On my way to Richmond (yes I had to work all day) I get my first birthday call from Pat (Micheal's mom) and the day just rolled on from there!

11:00 I get serenaded by my friend Stephanie and my clinical supervisor (Arnie) with a rousing round of Happy Birthday to you and Steph brought me a great balloon that I had attached to my bag for the rest of the day!

I get out to my car and my family has been looking for me! A call from my bro, my mom and my dad!!

12:30 Lunch with 3 of my favorite ladies, Laura (the organizer), Raquel and Stephanie. These girls are amazing and are definitely a big part of my Virginia family.

I get out of lunch at Kuba Kuba only to get a call from my labmates who had wanted to surprise me by taking me to lunch!! You have to tell me these things girls!! I came into my office to a desk covered in Happy Birthday sticky notes and a personalized birthday crown. (The girls took me to lunch on Thursday.) I am blessed to have the DART girls in my life, Meghan, Katy, Heather and Priscilla are a great day-to-day support and help me keep what's left of my sanity.

Phone calls, texts and emails filtered in throughout the rest of the day, I talked to Jason, my Mom, my Dad, Sara, Micheal, Jolene, Bobbie and Cathy!

I got home to Micheal working on my birthday cake, flowers, and a birthday present.


I didn't check my mail until the next day and I had FOUR birthday cards as well!! From Cassie, Jason & Jolene, The Shove kids and my Grandma and Grandpa!!

Honestly this is one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time. I was reminded how lucky I am to have so many people in my life that love me, new and old, close and far - thank you everyone so much, I am blessed.

Comments

Ty and Sara said…
Awwww I'm so glad the birthday was a success. I think you forgot to mention your Morganschtein/Struemphenschtein singing telegram!

Popular Posts