Chicago - Day 1

Hey all! We arrived in Chicago this morning after a moderately turbulent flight around 11:30. Took a cab/van with a kinda creepy driver (I don't like cabs, I always think about the movie the Bone Collector) to our AWESOME hotel, the Fairmont in Downtown Chicago. This was my first priceline attempt and I was NOT disappointed! For $75/night we have a huge room with a 42" flat panel TV, chaise, desk, dressing area and fluffy bathrobes. I'll definitely post pics, it's awesome!

We went to lunch at a place called the Elephant Diner and it was very tasty - and we were both starving so it could have tasted like shoe leather and we would have eaten it but fortunately it was great! Then we went and checked out the "flagship" Macy's store and it was HUGE!! Four floors and we constantly got lost, good thing they have lotsa people working! And the best news...we may have found Micheal's suit for the wedding! It's by BCBG so he's going to be super fashionable. After Macy's we checked out the Nordstrom Rack, not nearly as good as DC's.

The one drawback to this trip is I still have a ton of schoolwork to do so we have to balance the fun with the work. So we came back for me to work on my Minority Mental Health paper and relaxed a bit in the hotel room. Then we went to one of my fav restaurants, BIG BOWL! This place is awesome, if you ever get the chance to try one, DO IT! Unfortunately for most they only have restaurants in Chicago, Minnesota and one in Virginia. So you're gonna have to come see me and I'll take you there any day! It was raining so we took a cab there but decided to walk back to work off the massive dinner I ate. So we walked back in a slight drizzle and checked out the sights of the Chicago night skyline. Big cities are still a new experience for me, the highrises are amazing and daunting at the same time.

Came back to do some more work and now I'm going to go to bed. Micheal informed me yesterday that I had a surprise noon appointment tomorrow while he is at the conference. I can't wait to find out what it is!! Will post again tomorrow.

Comments

I'm guessing spa massage... Oh that sounds good!! Glad you are having fun, even if you have to work on a paper in the middle of ;it...

Popular Posts