Comprehensive Exams, Day 1

Well, it's 1:15 am and I'm sitting down to make final edits for the day. Don't get all worried about me, I generally work this late during the year anyway so it's no big deal - but the fact that I've been staring at my computer since 9am this morning makes it a bit worse.

Things I learned today:

If you're going to have to sit in a chair for 14-16 hours straight don't wear pants that have a tie string, wear stretchy pants. (Mental note for tomorrow).

My sister is awesome, I had a granola bar for breakfast, trail mix and Twizzlers as snacks all day, two mini bottles of Dr Pepper and beef jerky (I know...it sounds gross when I write it all out but remember it was spread out over a LONG LONG day!)

A card with a little mouse trying to lift a big barbell is really funny after 7 hours of writing.

I can't be signed out of my email even though I should be, if I am I worry about it so it's not worth having it closed. I know, I'm addicted.

Exposure and response prevention is the most effective treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

........and we will need a new A/C unit, new hot water heater, and new appliances if we get the house on 1102 Oakview.

Alright, back to editing. Stay tuned for further updates......

Comments

Way to go! Sounds like you are on track. Keep it up! Glad the care package is keeping you motivated. Love ya!
PS... I miss talking to you :(
I know well catch up next week, can't wait to see ya!
Unknown said…
I love that the comment about email addiction is followed by the efficacy of exposure response prevention therapy.... hmmmmm ;)

- Dorm Buddy

Popular Posts