You're not in Kansas any more Toto

Alright, I couldn't resist the Wizard of Oz reference - the weather here has been crazy over the past month. Not quite as crazy as the past few days in KS but very crazy by Virginia standards. We were in 3 tornado WARNINGS in a 3 week period and guess what...no tornado sirens OR many basements in VA! AND the weather people are idiots when it comes to severe weather; they obviously don't deal with tornados very often. Literally I went from one channel where one guy was saying "another patch of storms is coming through but these seem to be less intense and don't pose any danger" to the next station "this next patch of storms coming through look like they could be even worse and more dangerous than the last!" Ay-yai-yai!

I'm SO excited to come home! We finally get to start doing REAL planning for our wedding and not just online searching and magazine reading. I think we're adding Drexel Hall as a reception site to visit as well. My friend Shannon gave me all her bridal mags since she is getting married in less than a month so now I have all KINDS of mags to look at!

I submitted the last section of my thesis to my adviser this week which means I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my masters thesis! I'm hoping to have it done by the end of this month... I can't officially defend until the fall though, than I'll be Kari Morgan, M.A.

Here are some fun pics. :)

Here are the kitties hiding from the tornado! I got out the carriers in case I needed them to keep the kitties safe in case a tornado came through. We had rotation over the house but no tornado! Thankfully!


Moshe being a bag kitty! He likes to wear plastic bags like a cape!


My patio garden!

Comments

Mosh in the paper bag looks like a professional photo shoot... avangeline has a Dr apt on 7-23 in the AM, so if we go that day to KC I can just take the whole day off...

Popular Posts