Back to the grindstone

So it's been a long and full week! Monday I left for Miami to meet Jolene and Avangeline at Miami Children's Hospital. I packed up and hit the Richmond airport and got on my "turboprop service" direct flight - AKA - reeeeally little plane! Okay, so not puddle hopper little, but small enough that loading and unloading occured on the tarmac with portable stairs. :P



I made it to the Miami airport and man is that place crazy! I hung out there and waited for Jolene and met up with her cousin and we unloaded her off the plane and made our way to the hospital. Got checked into our "apartment" for the night, got Avangeline calm and happy and off to dreamland after a long day.

To keep a long story short, Ava had lots of tests done and at the end of the day the diagnosis was officially Infantile Spasms. While scary it's good to have an official diagnosis because it got us started on the path to treatment which we started that day. We're all staying very hopeful and putting our faith and trust in the Lord that He will make the medicine work and bring our little girl back.

This week was kind of weird, getting back into the swing of things after a week of sleeping on a chair bed and not doing any real work for a couple of days. :) I'm taking on a new client at the clinic that I'm not too sure about. I just got rid of a very complicated case and I'm pretty nervous about adding a new one. Although, it seems like this time of year clients leave like rats of a sinking ship so it's probably good that I'm taking a new one on. I'm also hoping to start a new gig up here in Fredericksburg and splitting my clinical time between Fredericksburg and Richmond which would be awesome!

No big plans around here this weekend except to finish up the draft of my discussion section for my thesis! The amazing thing about that would be that I would have a draft of my entire thesis done!!! Of course it has to go through a LOT of revision but it's one step closer to being done. Alright, I'm off for now. Much love. Prayers and love for Avangeline.

Comments

Popular Posts