Mini Foodie Blog

So I'm definitely not ready to consider myself a "foodie" - this is not from a lack of desire or trying, I'm just not that skilled yet. ;) I do enjoy cooking though and have made a few fun recipes lately so this is my first stab at a food blog post:

Thai Chicken Balls (From allrecipes)

I'm trying to find unique ways to replace ground beef in our diet so I bought some ground chicken and set out to find a tasty recipe on the web. I came across this recipe and thought it sounded good so I gave it a try!

I halved the recipe and had half leftover - we probably would have eaten more but they were a little spicy!

2 pounds ground chicken
1 cup dry bread crumbs
4 green onions, sliced (I of course left these out)
1 tablespoon ground coriander seed (Left this out too)
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (instead used 1 T of hot red chili sauce, this was TOO much, will use 1 tsp next time)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
oil for frying

I added: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and a little ground ginger.

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken and bread crumbs. Season with green onion, ground coriander, cilantro, chili sauce and lemon juice; mix well.
Using damp hands, form mixture into evenly shaped balls that are either small enough to eat with your fingers, or large enough to use as burgers.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken balls in batches until well browned all over.

- Instead of frying I baked these to go for a healthier option. I coated the bottom of a 8x8 glass casserole dish with olive oil and Archer Farm's Asian-inspired Simmer sauce. Preheat the oven to 375 and bake until cooked through - I want to say about 25 minutes.


I served it with stir-fry veggies also cooked in the simmer sauce and salad with mandarin oranges and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

They had an excellent taste but were WAY too spicy. (My fault, not the recipes fault.) I will definitely make them again and maybe I'll go find some sweet chili sauce I served it with stir-fry veggies also cooked in the simmer sauce and salad with mandarin oranges and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Comments

Popular Posts